Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Homemade Habanero Salsa


Hey guys! So I totally forgot to post this last week when I made carne asada, but I also made my own salsa! It's really easy AND really forgiving, which means that you can add as much of whatever as you like. I decided to do a habanero salsa because Food City had twelve habaneros on sale for $0.99.... I guess Knoxvillians don't care for their habaneros, hmm!

I added half of an onion, two large tomatoes, a habanero, a big handful of cilantro (I love cilantro, so maybe cut back if you're a soapie), two cloves of garlic, and the juice of half a lime. Pulse this in a food processor or blender until everything is incorporated but it isn't complete mush. I don't like store bought chunky style, but tiny dice-size chunks are perfect. One big key that most people forget is to SALT and PEPPER your salsa. It won't taste good until it has some pepper in it, I think that's honestly one of the keys to a good salsa.

No comments:

Post a Comment